Monday, August 4, 2008

12 Weeks and Counting

Mission: Lose 10 pounds and carve a lean body for the beach in Bahia, Brazil.

It's already Aug. 4 and I am off to a rocky start. Let's see, I wanted to change my diet on Aug. 1 but I was in Jamaica, it's mango season and they don't call me Mango Belly for nothing. Then I was at Helshire Beach eating fried snapper and festival. My nephew asked that I partake in Devon House (home made) ice-cream. Today I had a shrimp roti, pizza with extra cheese and slice of red velvet cake. This blog will keep me honest. I am putting my eating out there so I can be accounted for. This will be my food diary, my fitness journal and bits about my spiritual path.

I ran into my trainer at the supermarket with his gorgeous girl. I'm talking black barbie. I saw him peep into my basket. I had nothing to be ashamed of, shrimp, scallops, red potatoes and pita bread. Hah! take that Mr. Tuna and Peanut butter for Lunch! Plus I was walking with the Bear and he firmly instructed my trainer to "maintain ass integrity." Can you imagine? I then took my queue and perused the stewed tomatoes a few feet away.

I became a Level I Reiki practioner yesterday. I was buzzing with energy when I left. Colors are brighter and I feel more connected. Funny thing though, today I was acutely aware of so much energy around me especially from people walking close to me. I just wanted to come home and be inside. I have to watch that, I can't be paranoid. I intend to take my reiki practice to the expert level.

Well I completed my DO NOW list for today.

No comments: